Looking for a good Land Rover mechanic you can trust?
Look no further than European Service Center. We’ve been providing quality service and repair of Land Rover automobiles in Highland Park, University Park, and greater Dallas since 2012, and have been part of the EMC family for over 30 years.
Experience. Integrity. Knowledge.
No job is too simple or difficult for our highly qualified ASE Certified technicians
*Some makes and models may vary.
What isn’t there to love about a Land Rover? In honor of this excellent vehicle we have collected some fun facts about Land Rovers throughout history. Enjoy the trivia (the more you know).
• Maurice Wilks designed the first Land Rover. He was inspired by a an American World War II Jeep that he drove while vacationing in Wales.
• Early Land Rovers were only painted in military surplus colors. All the models were available in aircraft and fatigue green.
• The first Land Rover hit production in 1948, but has only been it’s own company name since 1978
• The millionth model of this great car was sold in 1976.
• Winston Churchill was a famous Land Rover owner, receiving one as a birthday present in 1954.
• While currently known for safety, the first Land Rovers actually used a wooden frame. Luckily they now use reinforced steel and are moving towards high tech aluminum.
• Speaking of aluminum, a crazy Land Rover mechanic actually tested an aluminum frame with a bunch of Oxford students in 1955.
• Land Rovers are one of the most converted and customized vehicles around. Some of the more popular designs include tractors, fire trucks, and ambulances.
• A unique feature to Land Rovers was called the Centre Steer. Introduced in 1947, this centrally mounted steering wheel and drive apparatus allowed a new kind of versatility both on and off-road.
• The name “Land Rover” came about in 1948, and has since expanded to include products like the Freelander and the Ran Rover Evoque.
• The classic Range Rover is one of the more popular Rover models and most highly recognized cars from sold from 1970 to 1996.
• The first Range Rover was sold in the United States in 1986.
When looking for quality Land Rover service and Land Rover repair in the Dallas/ Forth Worth area, make sure to check out European Service Center. Our service technicians have more than 30 years of service doing Land Rover Tune up and Land Rover Brake repairs.
Whether you live in Farmers Branch, Irving or University park, we want to be your Land Rover mechanic. We promise that you won’t be disappointed and we are certain that you will return. With a limited 36,000 mile or 3 year warranty we stand behind our work and promise you that best Land Rover service in the area.