Nobody likes when that dreaded Check Engine light turns on. It could be a number of issues, ranging from a failed sensor to the engine misfiring –also for a variety of reasons. The Internet has also made finding out what the issue is much easier. Especially with affordable ODBII Code Readers and Scanner. However, it’s not as simple as learning what the error code is.
Modern cars are very complicated and have many sensors and parts working in unison. Most of the operations are done automatically through refined algorithms that keep your car running smoothly and efficiently. So, have a professional look at your car, even though you might know whey the check engine light is on.
Why is My Check Engine Light on?
- Oxygen sensor malfunctioning – find out which one and replace it
- The gas cap is loose – this happens a lot. Make sure to tighten the gas cap while after each fill.
- The catalytic converter is failing
- Mass airflow sensor failing
- Spark Plugs failing – this is causing an engine misfire and triggering the Check Engine light to illuminate.
It could be a number of reasons why your Check Engine light is on. Bring your car to the European Service Center. We have 35 years of experience and have excellent customer reviews. Our ASE certified service mechanics have the Bosch scanning tools to inspect, diagnose and repair any issues causing your Check Engine light to come on.
Schedule your appointment today.