The emission system in your car makes sure that your car is running efficiently and cleanly. There have been many government regulations since cars began dominating our cities. California was one of the most aggressive states to begin implementing environmental controls on car manufacturers. The EPA followed closely with its own national standards, while countries around the world took longer to implement their own.
Today’s cars incorporate many components that make up the emission system. Their purpose is to reduce and prevent toxic gases from entering the atmosphere.
Emission System Components
- Catalytic converter – this is one of the first inventions to reduce emissions. It still works extremely well today.
- Charcoal Canister – charcoal is known to absorb poisons and is even used in situations involving accidental ingestion of poisons.
- Oxygen Sensors
- Evaporation Control (EVAP) system – this system is responsible for capturing evaporating raw fuel and recirculating it into the system.
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system – this system recirculates some exhaust gas and mixes it back as part of the combustion process
- Secondary Air Injection system – this system reduces emissions by pumping fresh air into the exhaust system.
It takes a lot of parts, sensors, and systems working together to keep your car emissions to a minimum. A failure in any of these systems, for example, the oxygen sensor, will cause you to fail an emissions test. Get your emission system looked at at the European Service Center. Our ASE certified service mechanics have the tools to inspect, diagnose, and repair any emission system issues you may be having. Schedule your visit today!
Warranty, Maintenance, Service & Repair
We strive to earn the trust of our valued customers and win their business for life. At the European Service Center we do not cut corners, and as a Bosch certified repair center, we have achieved a standard that most local shops cannot match. We also offer 120 days same a cash through Bosch financing as well a warranty on our vehicle services. When dropping off your vehicle for maintenance, we understand and appreciate that your time is valuable. Our expert staff will be more than happy to arrange shuttle transportation or Uber service, so you are able to carry on with your day. We also offer free wireless connectivity should you wish to wait.
Furthermore, we have 35 years of experience in auto repair and maintenance and are so sure of our service that we offer a limited 3 year / 36,000-mile warranty on all our work.